Monday, October 19, 2009

Breast Pumps Review

Here are my reviews on the breast pumps that I had used.




Pureen Manual Breast Pump

This is the first breastpump that I bought, Pureen Manual Breast pump. I bought it before I gave birth to little Noel. I like this pump. Despite of it cheap price, its'  really meet my needs. It's handy, easy to assemble and reassemble, easy to clean ( as it only has a few parts- if I not mistaken it only has 5 parts) and only cost RM17!!.The cheapest manual breast pump in the market. Per session of pumping I can get 8-12oz of EBM. I used it until was Noel 3 months plus .  Despite of negative review that I've read about it, I've no problem using it. No pain and very comfortable.  However, due to some of hygienic purpose I change to Medela harmony which I've been using until now.



Pureen Batery Operated Breastpump - AC/ADC inlet

This is Pureen Batery Operated Breastpump. My husband bought it 2 days before I return to work as encouragement for me. He bought it for RM 157.00 ( which I think is quite expensive). Performance wise, oklah.. I don't really like it because it produce sound like enjin rumput.hehehe..sorry bie..it doesn't mean that I don't appreciate your gift...actually I'm so grateful to have a supportive husband like you..hehehe...yalah...I save your pocket from buying formula milk...I only use this pump at home while nursing Noel at the other side of my breast. Suprisingly, sometimes I can express until 8 oz of EBM.



Pureen Manual Breast Pump

This is another Pureen Manual Breastpump that I bought for spare.  If I not mistaken I bought it for Rm20+. The most that I can express using this pump is 2 oz!! Haih....I hate to say this...I don't really like this  pump. Its doesn't work for me. However, I ever read positive comment about this pump. I think not all pumps work for me...hehehe

Tada..........this is my favourite!!



 
My favourite among all of my breastpump - Medela Harmony

 This is my favourite pump which I bought through bidding at www.ebay.com I bought it only for RM77!! and it's a brand new pump!! Market price is RM249.90. That's why I love ebay. We can get quality product at a bargain price.  As a manual pump, it’s definitely cheaper than electric pump. However the performance is as good as electric pump. It’s efficient and powerful, whereby it has 2 pattern pumping system and great for maximizing milk flow. Besides that it easy to use( user friendly design). You can nurse your little one while pumping since its unique feature is the swivel handle. You can rotate the swivel handle until you find the comfortable position. I ever read that some working mothers who were stuck in the traffic jam use it discreetly in the car since it can be used left handed!! Sik berani aku coba eh…It produce no sound at all compare to my other breast pumps. Besides that you can use it anywhere, no plugging, no messing around with tube and no need to look around for place to set your electric pump. It’s easy to clean as it also has few parts – flange, body and valve. One more thing that I like about this pump is it’s gentle to your breast. A comfortable Soft-Fit breast shield is included to softly massage the breast while you pump. The most important is it is made from a kind of plastic that is less likely to leach any dangerous chemicals, All parts that come into contact with breast milk at claimed to be 100% BPA/DEHP free!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment